An Integrated Yoga Journey with Deborah Carruthers
Where: Tropical South India in the spice hills of Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kerala, India
When: Early Fall 2022
VI Yoga School is once again offering an unforgettable Yoga Retreat to India. Deepen your practice while experiencing the sights, sounds, and fragrances of India. This amazing opportunity lets you experience India’s culture and people while immersing yourself in yoga theory and daily practice. The intensive is transformative for body and mind.
The retreat will be held at the beautiful Chrissie’s Hotel in Thekkady.
- Yoga Intensive classes with VI Yoga School’s Founder, Deborah Carruthers
- All accommodation (double or single occupancy)
- Three meals/day at the Retreat Centre
- Private ground transportation to and from the Retreat Centre
- Airport transfers
- Pre-trip info session and preparation (including packing lists, cultural information, maps)
- Assistance with flights and Indian visa
- International return flight to India
- Travel health insurance
- Indian tourist visa
- Some meals at arrival/departure city
- Free time excursions, tips, souvenirs, personal items
Yoga and energy requirements
- Deborah Carruthers will interview students to determine yoga level and experience. This Retreat is an intensive, with 6 hours of daily practice, including meditation, pranayama, yogic philosophy, and classical asana. Classes are voluntary.
- Daily free time to rest or explore the amazing Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary environs.
- One day is built-in at the start of the journey to acclimatize.
- We stay in clean, moderate-standard family-run character hotels (3-4 star) in the centre of activity, with western toilets, showers, ceiling fans, and two single or two double beds.
- The Retreat Centre includes three meals/day with a buffet-style Western/Indian fusion with vegetarian selections. There are many restaurants available in Kochi and Kumily/Thekkady. Please note there is no alcohol taken during the retreat.
- Those with special dietary needs, allergies, or dietary restrictions can manage well with a little planning and communication with hotel hosts.
- We have a private bus all to ourselves for the journey to and from the Retreat Centre.
- Airport transfers are included. For those extending their stay in India, airport departure transfer is not included.
- we will fly through Singapore’s Changi Airport, which is unmatched in it’s beauty, culture and attractions. You can view more about the airport here.
- Travel health insurance for the duration of the trip is mandatory.
- Pre-trip immunizations are optional.
Before and After Retreat
- The cost of the international return flight to India is not included. Preference is for the group to travel together on a flight chosen for expediency.
Cost: To be determined. A $1,000 deposit is required for registration. Space is limited, so book a spot today!
You can register by completing the registration form available at VI Yoga School.
Preference is given to VI Yoga School students. Deborah Carruthers must interview participants to ascertain the suitability of their yoga level.
If the Retreat is full, you may apply to the waitlist or have your deposit returned. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us (contact information given below).
What if I need to cancel?
- You can cancel up to 60 days prior to departure without penalty – Return of full cost of Retreat.
- Cancellation less than 60 days prior to departure – Forfeit $1,000 deposit, return of balance.
- On or after departure date – Forfeit the entire cost of Retreat.
- VI Yoga School reserves the right to cancel a retreat at our discretion, and we will fully refund monies received by us.
About Deborah Carruthers – Founder of VI Yoga School
Deborah is dedicated to providing skillful and transformative yoga and wellness. She began her yoga journey later in life and has practiced the Ashtanga method ever since. Completing her teacher training at an Ashtanga studio in Victoria approximately a decade ago, she continued with Yin Yoga teacher training with Bernie Clarke in Vancouver. An avid student, she has travelled to India to study with senior Ashtanga teachers and explore Indian culture. Many wonderful teachers, including Chuck Miller, Kino MacGregor, and David Swenson, influence her teaching style. Daily practice has radically transformed her life, and her wish is to share this journey with her students. This will be Deborah’s fifth journey leading a retreat in Kerala, India.