Steph Rose works behind the scenes at VI Yoga as a studio manager. She is also one of our teachers offering: Hatha, Yin (Classes, Workshops, and Yin Training), Gentle Flow, Meditation, and Plant Spirit Yoga + Meditation.
She approaches her teaching with kindness and patience. Her classes are accessible, grounding, and supportive. She believes in creating a space for students to feel empowered to listen to their bodies and their unique experience. She has a deep reverence for the wisdom of the body and teaches with an emphasis on breath, alignment, and mindfulness. She hopes to create a space for students to feel embodied and peaceful. Steph believes in everyone’s expression of yoga, always encouraging students to move and rest with curiosity and kindness. She welcomes all bodies, ages, and abilities.
Steph loves exploring the wild spaces within and without. She loves to be outdoors. Often found hiking, walking, gardening, swimming in the river, sitting with Plants, making Plant Medicine, and spending time with her pup, Ruby.
- 200-hr Hatha and Yin, Joy Morrell
- 100-hour vinyasa, Troy Hadeed
- Meditation and Yoga philosophy, Sally Kempton
- Teaching Meditation, Sally Kempton
- 50-hour Chair Yoga, Annette Wertman
- 15-hr prenatal/postnatal/baby and me, Lori Lucas
- 50-hr Yin Yoga, Loka Yoga.
- Certified Reiki Master and Teacher
- Steph regularly sits as an apprentice with her Animism and Folk Medicine teacher Angela Prider (Little Bird), learning wisdom teachings of the Earth and how to live in service, sweetness, and reciprocity.
- Currently taking her Herbalism certification through Wild Rose Herbal College.
Steph is forever grateful to the unfolding myth, mystery, and wisdom. She bows to her ancestors, teachers, and the Land as they guide her on this path. It is with gratitude that she lives works and plays on the unceded lands of the Quw’utsun peoples.